- Commuted Value
- Hours of Covered Employment
- Participating Employer
- Participating Local Union
- Plan Year
- Totally and Permanently Disabled
- Unit of Pension
- Year of Pension Credit
- Yearly Maximum Pensionable Earnings
- Year of Pension Service
An employer who contributes to the Plan at the rate or rates specified in a collective agreement with the CMAW Council of Carpenters, or an agreement with a participating local union.
A person who, at the date of determination, was married to you and had not lived separate and apart from you for more than 2 years, or if there is no person the above applies to, a person who lived with you in a conjugal relationship for a two-year period immediately before the date on which the benefit entitlement is determined.
Totally and Permanently Disabled
Means because of a medically determined physical or mental impairment, you cannot engage in any substantially gainful occupation or employment for which you are reasonably qualified by education, training or experience, and there is no reasonable expectation that you will recover from the disability.
Year of Pension Credit
– 2 Plan Years completed before July 1st, 1989, in which you have earned some pension, or 5 full units of pension earned before July 1st, 1989, whichever is greater, or
– 5 full units of pension earned after June 30th, 1989 up to June 30 2011.
Units of pension purchased by self-payments do not count towards a year of pension credit.