- You can join the Plan …
- You qualify for a Past Service Pension …
- You can become eligible for a Future Service Pension …
â€¦if you meet two conditions:
- you have to be a member of a participating local union, and
- you have to be covered under the terms of a collective agreement that requires contributions to be made to the Plan by an employer.
â€¦if you meet three conditions:
- you had at least 350 hours of employment reported to the Carpentry Workers’ Welfare Plan during 1969,
- you were a member of a construction local union immediately prior to July 1st, 1970, and
- you became a member of the Plan on or before March 31st, 1971.
â€¦by having employer-paid contributions made on your behalf (as of July 1, 2011).